Uroš Korenčan (1969) graduated at University of Ljubljana (Philosophy and Social Science), engaged himself in puppetry already in student period (Kranj Puppet Theatre / Gruppa Ultra) and worked in the different fields of organising culture and cultural policies. Currently he is a General Manager of Lutkovno gledališče Ljubljana / Ljubljana Puppet Theatre.
His previous professional engagements include organizations as Cankarjev dom, Cultural and Congress Centre, Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, Municipality Kranj.
He was member of different professional bodies:
- Management committee of EU programme Culture,
- Government commission for dialogue with NGOs,
- Slovene evaluation board of financial mechanism EGP,
- Slovene expert commission on reform of public sector at Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia (2010.2011, 2013-),
- expert bodies involved in preparation of national and local cultural strategies and policies (National Cultural Strategy 2004-2007, Strategy of Sustainable Development of Kranj Municipality 2009-2023, Law on Public Interest in Culture 2004-,…),
- Commission of Union of Slovene Municipalities on Culture,
- Different expert and working groups for EU projects (projects of cultural infrastructure in the Municipality of Kranj).